Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Guru of gore: makeup artist Roberto Garcia tricks are Halloween treats

Roberto Garcia, main makeup artist for the haunted house Blood Manor at 542, West 27th Street in Manhattan.Roberto Garcia, head makeup artist for the haunted house blood Manor at 542, West 27th Street in Manhattan.

Nothing makes Roberto Garcia, 34, happier than watching terrified guests blood Manor, which has just opened for the Halloween season on the run. If resident goremeister he creates horrendous gruesome looks for vampires, zombies, the murderers and the crazy scientists inhabiting the Chelsea holiday manse.

Consider yourself warned.

Describe your job.

I oversee the airbrushing on actors, to ensure that the details are well done. The muscles should look like this if you don't want to touch. rooms florescent lighting we make that glow-in-the-dark effect.I work with other makeup artists and set designs. I help with props, the blood effects and construction, as well.

How far in advance you intend this season?

We started in March, preparing for four room changes: from the wolf den, the lab, the serial killer and the vampire room. And there is a new laser Hall.

How many players do you make-up apply to every night?

There are 40 actors here. We airbrush usually between 15 and 20 of them. * We all help each other as far as latex and the blood detail.

What is a typical day like?

Usually I get here at 4 o'clock.But sometimes I come in early, noon or 1 hour, to solve anything that is wrong with the Manor — such as a prop can have is thrown.The actors start coming in at 5.They get their costumes and start lining up the door for full-body airbrush makeup or manual.

When 7: 30, we will send the actors to their place.Makeup artists doing a run to ensure that everyone is properly covered.After that, I'll stay and help with what can go wrong.

What do you do once ­ visitors arrive?

I also get dressed, put on my mask and zombie costume.I even my hair colored for this year, just to get inside. they had to bleach.It burns! never. Sometimes I will assist an actor in their room or just scare people in line. After our break retouching you the one who should be.

As soon as I close it, help some of the actors from the prosthetics. Then I clean up the workstation and ensure that everything is stowed. by that time, it's like 2 or 3 in the morning.

What do you like about your job?

Scare the heck out of people in line, especially those who say, "I'm not afraid."Then once you go up to them, they fall. I have three people cry and one person pee. I made a man walks into a wall.

It's great, but you can not laugh because you can not break so you scream and run back in hiding and here and there small chuckles sneaking.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment